Preliminary Exercise:Film Color Preliminary exercise





This week my teacher covered the lesson color in film . The objective of this lesson was. Color in film illicit certain emotions from the audience and build harmony or tension within a scene to create a key theme.  Colors aids in setting the tone and mood for a film .Color’s manipulation guides the audience toward the purpose of the author to create an overall theme. Three codes used in a film that illustrates color are color hue, color saturation and color value. Hue is the color .Color saturation is the intensity of color whether it be 50%25 %or 100%. The percentages determine whether we see a pale or bright color .Three characters of film are protagonist, main character and hero. A cinematographer is responsible for color in film. A cinematographer is a person who creates the color scheme. 

The primary goal of this exercise was to create and analyze symbolic meanings of colors in film. The media we created was a color wheel organizer .I used PowerPoint and word to create my media product . A total of two people were on my team . That was my fellow acquaintance worked on the definitions of the table . I had four slides to do while the last team member had the last 


With the PDFs, lecture hours and videos I learned that color is an outstanding tool used in film to create meaning , and to create a sense of depth and three dimensionality . Strategies I used to complete this task were high levels communication with my partner , in depth research and applying knowledge .



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Camera Framing and Camera Composition Powerpoint

Preliminary Exercise: 3A Mise en scene Codes and Genre Conventions Bubble Diagram

Preliminary Exercise:Camera Movement Videos